Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkins!

I admit I am a total pumpkin patch snob. I have issue with pumpkin patches in parking lots with carnival rides and bounce houses, I prefer to pick my pumpkin directly off the vine. I am pretty sure that Lo disagrees with me, and would much rather bounce than wander through tiny gardens filled with fresh herbs. One of the problems with my snobby attitude is that pumpkins do not always cooperate, and are not always ready for harvest at the exact time I want to make a jack-o-lantern. So Lo and I to a chance and went to the sweetest garden and nursery, Summers Past Farms. And there ARE pumpkins on the vine, you just couldn't pick them because they are barely pumpkins.


Logan attempting to find the perfect pumpkin, there were so many nice ones he just couldn't choose. So we left empty handed and stopped by Trader Joe's to get a pumpkin from the store...




An actual pumpkin on the vine, I couldn't be more pleased.


Lo and his boots checking out the lovely gardens



And of course we had to check out the tractor. This kid LOVES a tractor.




The next day we met some friends in the park to decorate our pumpkins. Here is Lo's masterpiece.


*Apparently this place has a fairy festival in June each year that looks amazing. All the mommies of little girls should check it out. * http://www.summerspastfarms.com/fairyfestival.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment