Sunday, November 15, 2009

Southern California in November

Lo and I spent a beautiful weekend camping at Doheny State Beach. Lo swam in the water and collected rocks...

Ate lunch at our quaint little camp spot...


Road bikes in the parking lot...


And relaxed on the warm sandy beach.


In the evening Lo and I chased each other around with seaweed poppers, and we even found a little crab. We watched him until the tide took him out to sea.


We put on warm dry clothes and hit the beach again to watch the sunset, just amazing!





Goodnight Sun.







Since its fall and the sun goes down sooooo early, Logan and I headed to the grassy park for a game of Frisbee. Our game very quickly turned into a game of fetch, I throw the Frisbee and Lo retrieves it. I'm sure one day he will look back and be totally appalled that I played a "dogs" game with him, but for the moment he thinks its FANTASTIC.



I swear I have the bravest 3 year old on the planet, Logan saw this tree and climbed right up it. He was pretty high up there, but had no clue how to get down. Thankfully I was there to rescue my little monkey, Mom to the rescue!



We were lucky enough to have Avery and her mom, Mayo come and join us for some traditional camping activities. We toasted weenies and marshmallows over the fire, and all snuggled down in the tent for the night.



Sunday was gorgeous once again and back to the beach we went, where both kids ran right into the water.

Here is Mayo helping to make Avery into a beautiful beached mermaid. As soon as a decent picture was taken, Lo was allowed to smash Avery's whole tail. Thank goodness, the wait was killing him.




So many times over this past weekend I realized how lucky we are to live in one of the most beautiful places! Camping at the beach in November? The weather was just perfect! I am truly blessed with great friends, perfect weather and an amazing kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment