Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tide Pools with Grandpa Tim

Logan and I were lucky enough to have Grandpa Tim come down to visit this Sat!! After the roof was perfected by Logan on the Lincoln log house they built, it was time to hit the tide pools!! We were all very excited and discussed all the animals we may see, starfish, sea anemones and crabs on the drive to the Cabrillo National Monument (best tide pools in SD in my opinion). Only to arrive to find out the I am not as good as I thought I was when it comes to reading tide charts. Yes the tide pools were covered up by the tide....


This did not stop us from having a great time exploring the rocks and the beach. Logan and I even got soaked watching the waves crash on the rocks. Here is Logan on the rocks...

Lo and Grandpa Tim down by the water


And then we hiked up past some of the most beautiful coastline, this was our view from the top.

Our lovely day was topped with an enthusiastic game of red light, green light back to the car, followed by lunch at Island (a fav of Lo's and mine)

Thanks for making the trip Grandpa Tim!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment